This My Colections Interior Design

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A slice of boudoir heaven

If I were Samantha the good witch and could wiggle my nose and create the ultimate boudoir for myself this pretty much would be it!

Claudia Strassers The Paris Apartment book was first published 16 years ago, but to me it NEVER gets old. I've mentioned on many occasions this book has been my bed companion for a long time and even travelled with me to Europe as I couldn't bear to part with it. Pages 74 and 75 are almost permanently open on my dressing table and often when passing I find myself wishing I could dive into those glossy pages.

I love absolutely everything about this room, from the parquetry floors to the 12 foot high ceilings, The recessed shelving for books and treasures complete with pelmet framing. The sheepskin rugs, the painted Louis furniture, the tufted tub chairs, the silk sumptuous fabrics, the turquoise vases and the grand sparkling chandelier! I know swags and tails in most bedrooms can look completely over the top but in a room this grand how could you have anything less? Ok perhaps I would hide the speakers.

I thought I'd finish with another one of my favourite images from Claudia's book. Would you feast your eyes on this treasure trove?! You would have to call security to force me to leave such a place. It actually reminds me alot of Vintage Glamour in Enmore, Sydney. I could spend hours rummaging through that store.
If you haven't already bought this book you are missing out! It truly is a slice of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...